Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pins for the Win: Reading Edition

Let me just start out by giving you access to my Teaching Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/brookster29/teacher-teacher/

OK, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to take some time to share with you my faaaavorite READING teaching pins that I have collected over the last year or so. Some I have used, most I haven't...but I promise I have every intention to (that's what they all say, right?).  Be on the look out for my favorite writing, math, management, organization, and art pins!

Reading
Non-Fiction Response
Non-Fiction Response sheet http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986833778176/
67 books to read to your kids before they turn 10
This link gives a list of books every child should read (or have read to them) by 10 years old http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986832765677/
Great for D5/CAFE board too!!
Questioning Anchor Chart: http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986833043914/
Do your students need extra support and practice with fiction or non-fiction comprehension?This product was created for students who take home ...
List of comprehension questions to make cards out of. Students can do this independently both at home and school. http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986832507344/
Text Features Printable
I'm always looking for examples when introducing text features, especially in non-fiction  http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986832419232/
For introducing a new story...Have them fill it in as they read.
Introducing a new story worksheet http://pinterest.com/pin/234327986834630191/







5 comments:

  1. I am following your board and already found some very inspiring information on your pinterest page. I don't teach literature but one activity that I noticed on your pins was where the students wrote down words about how they wanted to be remembered. Great way to focus students on how to treat others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Charlotte’s Web was one of my all time favorite books growing up! I might read it again just for kicks this summer. I love your pins! I am definitely going to follow you on Pinterest. Some of my favorites are book-in-a-bag comprehension cards. That is a great idea to send home with the kids so that they are forced to think more about the books that they are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphic organizer for the non-fiction text. It is so hard to find a good one. I will be using this for sure. I like all of the other pins too. The comprehension cards are great because most parents are always wanting to know what more they can do at home to help their child become a better reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, just reading through the quality ideas that you found on pinterest reminds me that it is such a great teacher tool. So often I get caught up in thinking it's for home decorations or wedding planning, but there are some great things on it to serve as a resource--colleagues like you too who have been pinning some great things. I really like the graphic organizers too. I use them with my high school students a lot because they also need help analyzing and remembering information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke,
    I need to spend some time on Pinterest for myself, and not just for class. I will definitely check out your teaching board. Thanks for sharing. You posted ideas several different grade levels can try. I love the fiction and non-fiction book in a bag ideas. The cute illustrated easel page for what to ask when reading is very first grade. Loving your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete